In the last decade, drunk driving laws have become ever more complex and the penalties have become incredibly harsh. It takes a knowledgeable and experienced attorney to handle these types of cases.
|Charge||Description||Blood Alcohol Content|
|DWAI Driving While Ability Impaired||Traffic infraction||.05% - .07%|
|DWI Driving While Intoxicated||A misdemeanor||.08 - .17%|
|Aggravated DWI||A misdemeanor||.18% or higher|
|Felony DWI (Felony)||Driving While Intoxicated with a prior DWI conviction within ten years.|
The Consequences of DWI
If you’re convicted of any alcohol related driving offense, the consequences are severe. Our goal as your defense team is to help you avoid the following:
- A criminal record
- Heavy fines and civil penalties that can range between $300 and $1,000
- Vehicle impoundment
- Classes: DDP (Drinking Driver Program) and VIP (Victim Impact Panel) which you are responsible for paying for
- Suspension or revocation of you driver’s license (90 days/6 months)
- Installation of an Ignition Interlock Device in your car (only for criminal convictions). You will be responsible for paying for the device ($50-$200) and the monthly monitoring ($50-$100)
- Loss of professional licenses (doctors, lawyers, accountants, nurses, CDL, etc.)
- Jail time
Our firm handles all aspects of the DUI/DWI/DWAI case. Sometimes, aggressive negotiation can be more rewarding and less costly than litigation. However, if plea bargaining can’t obtain the results our clients deserve, we are ready to take your case to trial.
"I am your lawyer, not your boss. I am here to protect you, not judge you."
- DWI lawyer - Newburgh, NY - Raymond D. Sprowls
"My passion...isn't diminished in any way from having a guilty client. It's my job to defend my clients and I do that with everything that I have."
- Drug defense attorney - Hudson Valley, NY - Raymond D. Sprowls
"Keep your mouth shut - no matter what the police say to you!"
- DWI attorney Orange County, NY - Raymond D. Sprowls
Sprowls Law offers a free, in-office consultation. Contact him by
e-mail or call (845) 568-5700.
Ray's criminal defense law firm represents clients in drug crime, DWI, violent crimes and cybercrimes in courts in Orange County, New York and throughout the Hudson Valley, NY area.